1) To install the Oracle 12c client code click the link below which will bring you to the zip file:
a. Important note for Windows 7 users: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is required for successful install of the Oracle 12c client. Download and install from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555
3) Extract the zip file and Execute the Setup.exe program and follow the dialogs below
Select Runtime and then click Next button
Change Oracle Base to C:\Oracle
Click Next button
Wait for Prerequisite check to complete
The installation will now start as shown below.
Click Cancel at Windows Security alert
When installation is complete click Close.
Oracle Directory Naming method for Database Connections
ETS requires Oracle Directory Naming for connection to Oracle databases. ETS manages many databases on multiple servers which are high-availability RAC clusters. High availability requires dynamic database location information. Oracle’s Directory Naming method allows ETS to provide this dynamic database location information. When ETS adds, removes or moves a database the directory will provide dynamic information to users and applications for this location change. Below is a description of how to configure your desktop to use Oracle directory naming; a requirement of all ETS databases that are version10g or above.
1. Login into the ETS VPN you normally login to when accessing ETS supported applications such as BANNER Finance/HR (BPRD) and BANNER Student (PROD).
2. Enter \\ecglib\public$ into the Windows Search box.
4. Copy the LDAP.ORA file and the SQLNET.ORA file to your local desktop into the following folder:
Note: your local folder’s full path maybe different than above, you just need to find where the network/admin subdirectory is and place copies of the two aforementioned files in the ADMIN subdirectory. An example of a different full path is shown below: